A quick recipe I did for dinner. I observed several video recipes while roasting cacao. I cooked the few mussels bathing in half filled bin near the kitchen sink. That was also while roasting cacao.
Other recipes have lot of garlic, with few bay leaves and shells removed. However, I hate dishes with too much garlic, no bay leaf was available and I was too busy to pry the mussels off the shells. I was roasting cacao. I was hungry and must eat asap.
Here is the slightly modified procedure:
1) Clean the mussel shells thoroughly. Remove all the adhering debris. Set aside.
2) Slice one medium-size onion and chop one clove garlic. Fry in a small amount of oil over a low-fired stove until the chopped garlic turns golden brown.
3) Add the mussel while keeping the fire low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add enough water. Gradually add vinegar and soy sauce until the flavor suits your taste (record it on your recipe book).
5) Add whole black peppers. Bring to running boil for 15 minutes. Serve.
She said several times while having dinner that I should have not included the shells. I replied, we don’t have to worry about it. We can still remove the shells while eating.