Sorry for writing this article late. This was the second menu during our son first birthday. The first was pancit bihon.
My auntie arrived after my sister-in-law finished cooking the pansit bihon. My sister was tired already so auntie got in-charged for the next menu, the macaroni chicken soup.
Here are the ingredients:
hotdogs = 1/4 kg, cut thin about two millimeters thick
chicken = 1/2 kg, cooked and shredded, set aside the soup, bones will also be included as flavor enhancer.
cabbage = 1 kg, chopped
carrots = 1/2 kg, sliced to small pieces like a stick
baguio/snap beans = 1/4 kg, cut diagonally about 2 cm long
bell pepper = 3 pieces, sliced thinly
sitsaru = 1/4 kg, removed both tips
macaroni = 2 kg
onions = ten, chopped
garlic = half head, minced
fish sauce and black pepper
margarine as cooking oil replacement
evaporated milk = large can
Follow the simple procedures:
1) Bring to boil half pail of water in a large kettle. Set aside.
2) Saute garlic and hotdogs for 30 seconds in a large tulyasi. Add onions and continue for another 30 seconds. Add shredded chickens and continue for one minute.
3) Add carrots, snap beans, bell pepper and macaroni. Continue saute for 30 seconds. Put the chicken stock to cooking vessel add hot water to fill the 3/4 part of large tulyasi.
4) Add sitsaru and cabbage. Mix bell pepper and fish sauce to taste. Bring to boil immediately – can be achieved by high flame and addition of hot water. This is needed to prevent oversoaked macaroni.
5) Continue boiling until the macaroni are plumbed but never reaches its full size. Add evaporated milk to taste and immediately removed from fire.