expeller or press
stainless steel cooking vessel
stainless steel spoon or ladle
sterilized glass jars with new PVC caps
1. Extract coconut milk as described under Coconut Syrup (steps 1-4).
2. Boil extracts slowly until soft curds and oily streaks appear on top of the boiling milk.
3. Add brown sugar (2 parts: 5 parts boiled milk) and boil for another 20 minutes.
4. Pour in glucose (½ the amount of sugar used) and continue boiling until done over low fire, stirring frequently to prevent burning. End point is reached when a drop of the cooked materials in cold water forms a soft ball.
5. Cool and pour in sterilized containers and seal completely. Cool and label.
Technology courtesy of DOST Tekno Pangkabuhayan.