- Select mature and good quality pandan leaves. Harvest using sharp knife or scissors.
- Wash thoroughly in running water to remove all adhering dirt . Shake to remove excess water.
- Arrange in slotted trays uniformly. Dry in front of electric fan to facilitate fast removal of residual water drops. This will also prevent microbial growth in leaves.
- Finally, dry in room temperature with adequate ventilation for one week. Drying time might take longer during the rainy seasons due to high air humidity.
- Cut pandan leaves to desired sizes and pack in air tight container. I used aluminum pouch as my packaging.
The resulting product is still green pandan leaves . Oven and sun drying is not recommended . These methods may turn your leaves to brown and alter its natural properties.