I used this procedure as part of my training lectures on Fish Processing. Pardon my negligence, I forgot my references. You can access the second part here.
SPICY AND CRISPY DILIS
¼ kg dried dilis
1 pc chicken egg
7 tbsp cornstarch
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tbsp salt
½ – 1 tsp sili labuyo
1. Select clean dried dilis and place in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat egg thoroughly and blend in all the seasoning.
3. Add cornstarch and mix until all lumps are removed.
4. Pour mixture over dried dilis and stir until each fish is completely coated with the mixture.
5. Deep fat fry.
6. Place in a colander to remove excess fat.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Pack in PP/PE bags.