My best friend Arnulfo “Bong ” Gordola gave me this delectable skinless longanisa recipe. He is a good Meat Processing Trainor.
1kg pork consisting of ground lean (700g) and ground backfat (300g)
- 1/4 cup TVP or textured vegetable protein in 1/2 cup water . Mix for 3 minutes. Then add 1 tbsp isolate and 1/2 cup carageenan
- 1 tbsp refined salt
- 1/2 tsp curing sallt
- 1tsp dissolved phospate in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin C powder
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped finely or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp anisado wine
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp msg
- 1 tsp food color dissolved in 1/2 water
- 1/2 tsp meat enhancer (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp ground black peppeer
- 1 tsp annatto powder
1. Select good quality raw materials
2. Mix the curing ingredients continously
3. Add the rest of the ingredients
4. Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or inside the refrigerator for 1 daay.
5. Wrap in paperlyne or cut wrap (2T per pc)
6. Pack 6 pieces of longanisa in PE bags. Approximately 1/4 kg
7. Store in freezer.