Quezon, City Health Department issued a closed order against the three Balintawak markets. Namely: Riverview market, Cloverleaf Market and MC Market. The closure order was due to widespread and unstoppable selling of botcha or double dead meat and the discovery of unsanitary meat processing plant in Novaliches.
Authorities beleived that processed meat coming from the mentioned dirty processing plant are also delivered to Balintawak markets.
Some requirements are needed before the vendors can resume selling:
1) Vendors must secure business and sanitary permits.
2) Vendors must also attend seminar on food hygiene.
3) Market owner should renovate their building and facilities.
4) Meat and meat products should be stored in cold storage to prevent its deterioration and catching of dirts from dust and flies.
5) They should not sell botcha or double dead meats.
Quezon City Government are now monitoring Novaliches area. There are reports saying that botcha dealers transfered to this place.[GMA-7:Saksi]